Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Car Wash BBQ Send Off Party

The Car Wash BBQ Send Off Party


January 22,2012 The fine San Francisco peeps showed up for a BBQ  but we scraped the idea for the car wash in the chilly rain. Foxy Brown, the old Chevy van got a Thule roof box installed between her gold racks. Special thanks to Bob Lake, who lent me one of his many Thules. In the roof box, we managed to house all my Birds On a Wire prints and small paintings with room to spare.The boys worked under the shelter of the 20th street overpass to work out of the rain.

Streams of friends came all day to bid farewell and toss ribs on the BBQ. My Kiwi neighbor, Sam kept his foul weather gear on while cheerfully standing at the grill that fed us all. Simultaneously the 49ers and the NY Giants were battling it out across the hall on Cal's brand new, "just- for-the-game, big HD screen...sweeeet and standing room only.  Leah had a spread of fabulous foods that Diesel's nose constantly battled for.   Soon Courtney and Rob had to open their loft as rumor of Roy's homemade beer was on tap and flowing. The next loft to open was Hallie and Gary's.   We all got a rare visit to the home of St. Frankenstine aka the  Pianobike.  What was suppose to be an outdoor BBQ Carwash turned into a fantastic hall party with my neighbors welcoming my friends into multiple lofts.  If I was caught tearing up, I blamed it on the 49ers but this day was a fantastic send off. I am blessed to have such a place and people to return to after my journey through America.

No comments:

Post a Comment